There is nothing like a burger! Well, maybe a double burger is better! But wait, throw some cheese on that bad boy and you’ve got yourself an epic burger! Just when a burger isn’t meaty or cheesy enough the only thing to do is order a double cheeseburger and on Double Cheeseburger Day you have every excuse to enjoy this tower of delight!
Now you could go out and order one of these creations or you could make it yourself and enjoy it even more! So if you are up to the challenge here are a few things that you need to get in order to start your own creation!
- 1 lb ground beef, split into 4-oz. patties
- Burger buns
- Fresh tomato
- Fresh lettuce
- White onion, sliced thin
- American cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Neutral oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Ready to get your hands meaty?
- Start with the burger sauce, whisk the sauce ingredients together and store in the fridge until needed.
- Prep your tomatoes, lettuce and onions.
- Divide ground beef into 4 thin patties (4 oz. each). They should be thin, so they cook quickly.
- In a large skillet or on a griddle over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of neutral oil and add the beef patties.
- Press down on patties gently, so they form a crust on the bottom. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Flip patties and cook for another 2-3 minutes to finish cooking patties. Top each patty with American cheese, or cheese of your choice.
- To assemble burgers, toast the buns and smear a big spoonful of burger sauce on the bottom bun.
- Top with tomato, lettuce, one cheese slice, a slice of onion, a second patty, and the bun topper.
- Optionally, wrap up the burger in parchment paper to help prevent dripping! Eat immediately!
See not that hard to create a beautiful double cheeseburger! You can also adapt this recipe to be vegetarian-friendly, just get your hand on so lovely larger flat mushrooms and have them instead of the beef patties! If you do create your own don’t forget to share it with us over on our Facebook page!