As Young As You Feel Day
Age is just a number — a state of mind, not a limitation — it's how you feel that counts! Embrace your inner child and stay young at heart.
As Young As You Feel Day is a day for losing your inhibitions. So forget worrying about what other people think, whether they think you are too old, and do whatever it is that makes you feel young!
History of As Young As You Feel Day
If you are in good health, but feel restricted by how you are expected to behave, then As Young As You Feel Day is the time to rebel! People can only live this life once and As Young As You Feel Day is a good reminder to everyone that age is a number, and certainly should not be used to stop people from enjoying themselves.
Founded by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holidays, As Young As You Feel Day was established to offer an opportunity for people to forget about what’s age appropriate and do whatever they like or want. The day is celebrated each year just after the spring solstice, which is a great time for anyone to feel a bit of youthful spring in their step!
Perhaps, instead of enlisting some beauty regimens that might try to defy aging, or engaging in some Ponce de Leon activities that search for a fountain of youth, As Young As You Feel Day could be spent simply enjoying whatever age a person is now. Embrace the day and celebrate that today is the youngest that any person will ever be in their lives. So enjoy it!
How to Celebrate As Young As You Feel Day
Show the world that you’re as young as you feel by celebrating this day with some youthful ideas such as these:
Act as Young As You Feel
You can celebrate As Young As You Feel Day by having that outrageous hairstyle you wanted when you were a teenager. Or dig out those clothes you wore when you were younger – they may even fit, too. If you have teenagers you can ‘get down with the kids’ on As Young As You Feel Day – and shock them for a change.
Practice Feeling Younger
While it’s impossible for a person to actually make themselves younger, it is possible to practice feeling younger! Just participate in a mindset that is a bit younger and filled with the joy of life. Try some of these ideas:
- Smile More. It’s not true that frowning uses more muscles than smiling, but it may be true that people who smile more tend to be happier!
- Learn Something New. People who keep their minds in good shape are bound to feel younger, so take a class, read a book on a new subject or just listen to a podcast to learn something new.
- Enjoy a Pet. Folks who have pets are often more relaxed and emotionally healthy. So adopt a cat, dog or even a bird to embrace feeling younger.
Watch A Movie About an Age Swap
Several different films have been created over the years to tell the stories of adults who learned to embrace life by spending a little time being a kid again. Perhaps As Young As You Feel Day would be a great time to enjoy one of these delightful age swapping stories:
- Freaky Friday (1976 and 2003). This film, and its later remake, is based on the 1972 children’s novel by Mary Rogers where a daughter and her mother switch bodies for a time.
- Little (2019). This delightful film tells the tale of a woman who is overworked and has a chance at being a kid again.
- Big (1988). This film was a breakthrough role for Tom Hanks, where he plays a 12-year old who is trapped in the body of a grown man.
- 13 Going on 30 (2004). Jennifer Garner plays an interesting young woman in this story that has a similar theme to “Big” from fifteen years prior, but starring a female lead instead.