Learn about Rising Star Month
Do you know someone incredibly talented? Many local organizations have Rising Star competitions to recognize talent in their area! We have all heard of some sort of Rising Star in our lives, be it from the internet or even our own communities. Where did the terminology for a Rising Star originate? Let us find out through the past of Rising Star Month!
The Shimmering History of Rising Star Month
What exactly is a Rising Star? A rising star is an individual with great promise, someone who outshines their peers in many ways. There are six attributes that a Rising has and they are some of the most important attributes a human being can have. These six attributes are as follows:
- Capacity – The individual can grow, adapt, and take additional responsibilities.
- Consistent Contribution – The individual has a track record of success and possess deep levels of competence, knowledge, and credibility.
- A Can-Do Attitude – The individual is positive and has the courage to take risks and step outside their own comfort zones.
- Connection – The individual is able to accomplish results through relationships and influence.
- Commitment – The individual is passionate about what they do and who they work for.
- Character and Integrity – The individual can be fully trusted with no risk of deception or criminal actions.
We may be wondering if it is even realistic to have only top talent in our organization. It probably is not realistic, given that the fact that rising stars are the best because they are unique. They do stand out above the crowd. That said, it is not unrealistic to work on progressively increasing the percentage of rising stars at every level throughout our organization.
Rising stars are not limited to leadership and, in fact, many rising stars may not become leaders. The term “rising stars” is not synonymous with “leaders.” It is actually synonymous with “high performance.” Whether you employ a front-line cashier, food server, performer or a custodian, you want the best employees you can have.
When you increase the quality of the performance at the individual level, you increase the culture and environment of high performance in the entire organization. A high performance culture simply outperforms. Period.
How to Celebrate Rising Star Month
In order to celebrate, all we would have to do is be the very best we can be every day. From work to our personal lives, if we be the best that we can be, the world will be a much better place.