This privacy statement was last changed on September 14, 2023, last checked on September 14, 2023, and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://www.daysoftheyear.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
1. Sharing with other parties
We only share or disclose this data to other recipients for the following purposes:
Purpose of the data transfer: Email delivery for opted-in users
Country or state in which this service provider is located: USA
Purpose of the data transfer: Payment processing
Country or state in which this service provider is located: USA
2. Disclosure practices
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
If our website or organisation is taken over, sold, or involved in a merger or acquisition, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and will be passed on to the new owners.
3. How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Our website does not respond to and does not support the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field.
We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google.
Google may not use the data for any other Google services.
The inclusion of full IP addresses is blocked by us.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
6. Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
7. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
8. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person. We shall provide the requested information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. You can contact us by using the information below. You have the following rights:
8.1 You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- You may submit a request for access to the data we process about you.
- You may object to the processing.
- You may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you.
- You may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
10. Contact details
Days Of The Year LTD
71-75 Shelton Street
Phone number: N/A
Additional softwareOur website runs on the open-source content management system, WordPress. Some of our website functionality relies on ‘plugins’ which integrate with WordPress to extend or alter its behaviour. Some of these may store or use your data, in the following ways.
RelevanssiOur site search functionality is powered by the Relevanssi WordPress plugin. This improves our search results quality. When your search our website, we log your search query and the number of results found. This data is never shared. The search logs are stored for up to one year.
Nextend Social LoginOur user registration and login system are powered by the Nextend Social Login WordPress plugin. This allows users to create and access their accounts by authorizing our website via their preferred social network(s). When your register, log in, or connect your account with a social provider, we collect the following information data: your email address, name, social provider identifier, and an access token. The access token (an anonymised identifier) is shared with the social provider(s) in order to enable authenticated communication (e.g., to validate a login request), and a cookie is created to manage the login (and subsequent redirection) process. This data is kept until such time as your account is deleted.
AkismetOur comments systems use the Akismet WordPress plugin. This helps us to identify and block spam comments. When you comment on our website, we collect your IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself). This is kept until you delete your comments. If you delete your account, your comments are anonymised (the username and avatar are removed, but the content is not altered).
WooCommerceOur shop systems use the WooCommerce WordPress plugin. This helps us to manage products and to provide shopping cart functionality. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Your IP address (and inferred location): we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and dispatch your order
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings