Never Give Up Day is all about cultivating a mindset of determination, which helps us to get through all of the difficult challenges that life throws our way. It is about motivating and inspiring ourselves and others, as well as remembering people that have never given up on those. We should use this day not only to applaud people for reaching their goals but also to support those who are still trying to achieve their goals and have not quite got there yet.
Mastering The Art Of Never Giving Up
While this day is all about never giving up, we realize that it is a lot easier said than done! So, we have put together some tips to help you master the art of it.
- Start by pausing, not quitting – You don’t need to go full steam ahead all of the time. Sometimes, pausing and taking a step back can be exactly what you need. It will give you a brand new perspective on things. It enables you to find the wisdom and strength you need for the next steps. Resting is a weapon that a lot of people fail to use!
- Motivate yourself – Losing motivation is something we can all relate to! This is why you need to look for ways to motivate yourself. Figure out what works for you. This could be watching, listening, or reading motivational material, for example.
- Surround yourself with people who are resilient – Jim Rohn once said that we are the average of the five individuals we spend the majority of our time with. If you spend your time with five people who always give up, well, you can do the math! Surrounding yourself with resilient people can make a huge difference.
- Choose to be positive – It pays to be positive in this cynical world that we live in today! This does not mean that you have to try and be blindly happy all of the time. However, what it does mean is that you should try and focus on the good things that are around you.
- Be honest with yourself – One of the main reasons why people quit is because they have not been honest with themselves. Be honest about how you feel, what you want, and who you are. For example, if you don’t really like the job you are in right now and you simply pretend to because it is what everyone expects of you, you are going to be more inclined to feel like you want to give up.
Inspirational Quotes About Never Giving Up
Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.Mary Anne Radmacher
Don’t give up. There are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. Don’t listen to them. The only one who can make you give up is yourself.Sidney Sheldon
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.Dale Carnegie
Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.Earl Nightingale
Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.Ralph Waldo Emerson
How to celebrate Never Give Up Day
There are a number of different ways that you can observe Never Give Up Day. One of the best things to do on this day is to motivate the people around you so that they do not give up. Perhaps your friend is studying for a degree and she has been finding it challenging lately?
Send her a text message and let her know that she is doing great and not to give up because she will get there in the end. By sending a motivational message to everyone you know and love, you cannot only make a massive difference in other people’s lives, but you will feel happier and more positive as well.
Another way to observe Never Give Up Day is to read motivational stories about people who have not given up. We will give you one to start with. When someone says the name Albert Einstein, what do you think? A genius, right? One of the greatest thinkers of our time!
It would be easy to assume that with a mind like his, everything was plain-sailing, but that’s not the case! First of all, he did not start speaking until he was four-years-old. When he was 16-years-old, he then failed his entrance exams to a school in Zurich; the Swiss Federal Polytechnic school. To make matters worse, right up until his death, Albert’s father also thought that his son was a failure.
He then managed to graduate college, eventually, but things did not turn around right away. He worked as a salesman for an insurance firm, yet he quit that in the end! As you can see, the road to success is not always easy. You can find some really great stories online about some of the great minds of our times and how they had to encounter failure on their way to success. Some of these include Bill Gates, Dr. Seuss, Henry Ford, and Jim Carrey.
Finally, another suggestion for Never Give Up Day is to spend your time listening to some motivational material or reading a motivational book. There are some really great apps and podcasts that can help inspire you and give you the motivation you need so that you do not give up on your goals. You can even get apps that send you a motivational quote every day to keep your spirits up.